- The administration of all necessary paperwork for Wivey Link & act as a reserve vehicle Scheduler.
- Completing Wivey Link incident logs & monitoring these on a weekly basis.
- General Reception duties to include answering the telephone & taking messages, buying stamps, taking post, filing, ordering stationery etc.
- Dealing with visitors to the office & helping with their enquiries.
- Monitoring the records of visitors to the office & the daily sales sheets & recording necessary statistics on computer records & ensuring that reception information is correct & up to date.
- Booking appointments for the hire of the small office.
- General office support to include the typing of letters, correspondence & completion of forms.
- Setting up & maintaining a register for the Criminal Records checks for all staff & volunteers (currently known as DBS – Disclosure & Barring Service).
- Looking after the Petty Cash monies, counting weekly cash/income & banking.
- Providing administrative support for WAP projects, eg: Tenants Travel.
- Providing administrative support for the upkeep of the WAP website.
- Preparation of any publicity material, leaflets, notices.
- Organising refreshments for all meetings such as volunteer meetings & the annual stakeholders meeting.
- Assisting the Chairman/Manager with the organisation & all necessary paperwork for the annual Street Market & biennial 10 Parishes Festival.
- To work additional hours to cover annual leave and/or sickness.
- Ability to organise own workload.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound IT skills.
- Be a team player, willing to help colleagues when necessary.
- Willing to volunteer and help out at fundraising events.
- Hold a current Driving Licence and willing to drive a Wivey Link vehicle.
- Be responsible for identifying own training needs.
- Have good knowledge of the local area.
To be read in conjunction with the Offer Letter, Job Description & Contract of Employment.
Hours of work
12 per week – 3 hours per day (Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs – 9am until 12pm).
The post holder will sometimes be required to work additional hours to cover annual holiday and/or sick leave.
Any additional hours worked will be paid the equivalent hourly rate of the salary.
£8.50 per hour.
Place of Work
The Community Office, Wiveliscombe House, The Square, Wiveliscombe.
Occasionally the post holder may be required to work elsewhere, for example – the Community Centre, other venue and/or Wiveliscombe Town Centre when helping to organise the annual meeting and Street Market.
Annual year is from 01 April until 31 March. 5 working weeks per annum, equal to 20 days plus all Bank Holidays. At least one week or the appropriate number of days should be taken during the Christmas/New Year office closure. Pro rata holiday entitlement will also be calculated on any additional hours worked.
Policies & Procedures
A range of policies are available to cover the working environment. These are available in the office & the post holder should take time to read these & familiarise yourself with their contents.